[78-L] Stereo Treasury Series

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Thu Jan 31 14:24:33 PST 2013

Whew..London Stereo Treasury Series. If pressed in England, OK. If pressed in
Canada in the 70s, cut at very low levels. If pressed in the US and have yellow
labels, frisbees. I've seen some where the label tore in the press and parts of
it extend into the dead area.

dl

I was asked to remaster a London Stereo Treasury disc, (purchased on e-bay from UK but I think it was a US pressing), and a small piece of the label had broken off and was pressed into the music area.  Obviously this could not be cleaned off or removed in any way and that part of the record couldn't be played.  I finally had to play it in segments and then glue them all together to restore the performance.

db