[78-L] OT Amazon Goes A-Wooing other agents?

warren moorman wlmoorman3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 20:05:05 PST 2013

I've seen the Amazon CD-R's offered, but never felt comfortable trying one. Same with the individual track mp3's they offer, which are only mp3 quality anyway.

I know that Chronological Classics used few if any of their own originals, but given the EU PD rules that governed them, and the collation and reissue of some stuff that was scarce even in its' reissued form, I have no ethical problem with 'em (I've mostly collected only the CC's that have the most hard to find stuff, not the stuff that's common elsewhere).

I've half expected fake CC's to start appearing, as the prices have stayed strong, but this was the first one I've seen. As soon as I saw the loose shrinkwrap (it was nearly like those Asian boots with wrap that's like cellophane) I began to think it was a boot, then on opening knew right away.

And thanks for the Amazon bootleg policy info, Roger.

Warren