[78-L] Amazing Collection of 78s

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sat Jan 26 21:08:57 PST 2013

Just got back from a trip to Salem, Oregon where I was able to look at an amazing collection of 78 rpm records.  I found this guy on ebay and figured he was close enough to Portland I should go look at his 7" Victor collection.  He also had a collection of American Music records (Music Hath Charms), Marconi, early 7" Pathe, great early blues, a ton of very old labels I've never seen before, a collection of 8" Operaphone records with sleeves, Busy Bees, and on and on.  He has a few on ebay now but the collection is immense.  I wanted them all, but he is trying to get as much as he can from them on ebay, wouldn't entertain any offers.  Oh, well.

I don't get to see so many cool records all in one place very often.  He doesn't collect, he was just in the right place at the right time and the collection fell in his lap.  I ended up getting one of his 7" Victors, 'Coon Band Contest', all I could afford.

I'll dream about that collection (I hope).  CDB