[78-L] ^How to keep 78s warm in a cold snap-another Dynaflex story

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 21:30:17 PST 2013

COLD Winter day in Tennessee early 1970's our station manager brought in a bunch of mail that had been in his car overnight, including some records.  We opened the latest Dynaflex Jerry Reed record and slapped it on the turntable.  As that razor thin disc warmed up it popped into dish/bowl shape tossing the tonearm clear off the disc.  We yanked it from the turntable and set it aside.  As it warmed up, it regained some semblance of flatness.  Highly memorable moment, especially for the guy on the air at the time!  Not me, I was but a witness, but he is today a broadcast instructor and still gets a lot of mileage out of that story.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.