[78-L] A bit o' grit

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 3 11:46:19 PST 2013

Interesting. The clicks can be dealt with digitally, but getting a straight
play through is more important, since the person trying to piece it together
from the semi-complete fragments may not know how the music is supposed to go
(I have a pressing on Richmond of Ansermet conducting Le Sacre where a passage
starts and stops, then re-starts, and someone didn't know there should have
been an edit).

I don't have a microscope but the element causing the disturbance is definitely
atop the grooves, not a pit or dig.

dl