[78-L] inaccuracies, was Paderewski query

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 1 20:38:04 PST 2013

On 1/1/2013 11:31 PM, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:

> On 1/1/2013 9:10 PM, David Lennick wrote:
>    I seem to remember a few mistakes on that Keyboard
>> Giants lp.
>
> What other inaccuracies? I know the Bauer-Gabrilowitsch item was
> actually an alternate take (with the attributions for the issued
> version, IIRC).
>
> This was not so unusual in those days, there were many alternates issued
> on LP with no documentation in the liner notes.

I'd have to dig out the lp and see if I'd noted anything else..possibly not.

Speaking of inaccuracies, he said, changing the subject, we finally watched
last year's New York Philharmonic New Year's Eve concert of music by Gershwin
and Bernstein. The host kept referring to Gershwin accepting a commission for
the Concerto in F from Walter Damrosch (okay) and the Philharmonic (noop, the
New York Symphony, which eventually merged with the Philharmonic). And then he
credited the glissando in the Rhapsody as being the creation of "Russ" Gorman
(at which point I screamed ROSS and scared the crap out of my wife and cat).