[78-L] Danny Boy - a Christmas tune? Really?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 22 19:56:03 PST 2012

Slight amendment (and insertion of a missing word)..18573 charted on December
4, 1943, so Decca probably brought it out with whatever was available for a
filler since they weren't going to get another Christmas ditty out of Bing that
year and White Christmas was doing just fine. Interestingly enough, Jingle
Bells/Santa Claus is Comin' to Town did NOTHING in 1943. Now you hear it
everywhere.

Speaking of inappropriate seasonal tunes, somebody is programming blindly..I
heard "I've Plenty To Be Thankful For" on a store system the other day. Right
movie, wrong season. I'm also hearing Chanukah songs, which is really weird in
a sh*tkicker town like Oshawa.