[78-L] Danny Boy - a Christmas tune? Really?

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Sat Dec 22 18:05:59 PST 2012

"Danny Boy" is a lyric by Fred Weatherly that he applied to an old Irish melody his sister alerted him to, sometime in the 1890s, I think.  It's more a lament than a Christmas lyric; der Bingle didn't thinkle it out too much.  I say it's not suitable to carolling, as much as I like it on its own.  PC