[78-L] Accordion records [was five least liked 78s (was - five favorites)^]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 17:05:15 PST 2012

On 20/12/12 00:02, David Lennick wrote:
> As long as we're veering off topic....in grade 10 (as we so quaintly call it up
> here in the Dominion), my high school orchestra featured an accordion soloist,
> whom we accompanied, in a version of the Theme from Exodus that ran for ELEVEN
> MINUTES! That music is never to be played within my presence and accordions can
> all burn in hell as well (I already had a hatred of the squeezebox from age 5
> when I was subjected to polka bands on Saturday nights from the parish hall
> behind our house).
>
> dl

At the last record fair in Croydon, back in September, one dealer
offered me six Swedish accordion records for GBP2.00 each, which I
purchased. It all started when I passed a remark awhile back to a friend
that I like some accordion records. He passed this onto the dealer, who
interpreted this as meaning I was a dedicated collector of such things,
which I wasn't, but he always put them aside for me! Talk about Chinese
Whispers...

      Julian Vein