[78-L] five least liked 78s (was - five favorites)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 19 09:40:15 PST 2012

That confirms that! I thought 1959 was probably when 20th-Fox put out that
double lp set but the matrix numbers begin with L and that apparently is 1960,
so scratch that idea, unless there was also a 45 in the US which Top Rank
picked up.

dl

On 12/19/2012 12:31 PM, Matthew Duncan wrote:
> The Shirley Temple "Good Ship...'' song was issued on 45 and 78 in Britain on Top Rank JAR-139 in 1959.   The 78 is probably one of their issues where they made a vinyl 78 and shellac one (like the other ones from that year).
>
> Matt in the UK

>>> 2. Frank Crumit;
>>> 3. Phil Harris;
>>> 4. Sol Hoopii;