[78-L] Moran & Mack

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 14 10:25:21 PST 2012

On 12/14/2012 1:11 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> 8 numbered sides, plus 2 two-sided named sketches and a single with 2 named
> sketches, a twelve-incher of "Our Child" and one of the Elder Eatmore routines,
> plus a single-sided promo disc for their 'RAF' book.
>
> Plus alternate takes up the yingyang, especially of parts 3 & 4. Interesting
> because of different pianists on them.
>
> dl
>
> On 12/14/2012 1:03 PM, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:
>> I have acquired a set of 3 10" Columbias of a comedy sketch, Two Black
>> Crows. I never realized that it spanned 6 sides.
>>
>> Is this the earliest example of a comedy routine spanning more than 1
>> record? And is 6 sides all of it? (haven't listened yet)

Classic stuff; everyone in the world seems to have owned #1 and 2.
Author credit to Charles Mack (both men white, from Kansas as I recall,
performed in blackface), who had developed an off-the-wall comic persona
that appeals to contemporary tastes, and a deadpan delivery to match.
They deserve far more reputation than they've had.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine
dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com