[78-L] Jazz solos on film - Spike Jones on Netflix

Rjholtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 18:41:33 PST 2012

My son found the Spike Jones last week and has bugged me to check them out as well.

Sent from my iPod

On Dec 11, 2012, at 3:48 PM, David Sanderson <dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com> wrote:

A bit off topic, but worth mentioning. I recently discovered a set of 4
Spike Jones TV shows from 1951-2, streaming on Netflix, and they're
amazing. I've seen some of his stuff in the past, but these are complete
shows, and I think with complete versions of the pieces he had been
doing on tour. The complexity, to say nothing of the continual costume
changes, is like nothing I've ever seen. I have an interview with his
son that I downloaded, and he confirms that each piece was fully
choreographed and scripted, with charts for the music. These days nobody
would even consider a live TV show that complex. Worth finding.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine
dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com