[78-L] Gershwin Gotta Go

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 9 19:18:08 PST 2012

Say, folks, it seems I still have about three quarters of a case of those
GERSHWIN MEMORIAL CONCERT CDs remaining. Despite having it permanently listed
on eBay (it got listed during one of their "list now and it'll stay till the
cockroaches are the only things remaining" blitzes) and a couple of mentions on
78-C which brought in some replies, things are a bit stagnant, even with the
offer of free shipping (huh, that got your attention). Free-ish to Europe and
Asia, which means I won't turn down a small contribution to offset the higher
price.

Here's the 78-C notice, complete with a link to an illustration (don't try to
order it there):

> Still available..the Gershwin Memorial Concert, September 8, 1937. This
> is the complete two and a half hour broadcast, a 2 CD set with extensive liner
> notes, and this is the original pressing from the original producer. Not the
> single Citadel LP, not the scratchy Italian bootleg, but the full version
> issued as NAC 4001 for the Gershwin centennial. Shown here:
> http://www.allmusic.com/album/george-gershwin-memorial-concert-mw0001835259
>
> Order immediately if not sooner and receive free shipping. Yes folks..$20 including
> shipping. PayPal preferred, cash/money order accepted but you'd have to get it
> in the mail ASAP. No Malabars or Canadian Tire money.

Order 1, 2, 10, but order by Tuesday please..that's the cutoff so I have time
to pack and ship and get them to you in a timely fashion.