[78-L] 1-mil stylus

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 2 14:59:33 PST 2012

$55 is definitely better than $125.

REK-O-KUT MONO LP & 45 RPM STYLI

A 1.0 MIL STYLUS FOR GOOD CONDITION MONO LPS & 45S -D5110J

"thank you for the stylus. What a difference on my treasured mono LPs!"

A 1.2 MIL STYLUS FOR WORN MONO LPS & 45S - D5112EJ

THE ONLY GENUINE MONO STYLI IN PRODUCTION!

Mono LP and 45 RPM records when introduced in 1948 & 49 were made to be played
with "microgroove styli" of 1.0 mils in radius.  While modern stereo styli will
play these records fairly well, their size varies from 0.5 to 0.7 mil in
radius, thus placing them lower in the groove, in the area of most wear.

You will usually hear an improvement in noise and distortion when older mono
records are played with their intended stylus the D5110J.  For more worn
records we offer the larger D5112J, a 1.2 mil stylus.  Because it is larger we
have made it elliptical to better trace the highs. It does wonders on beater
45s.  On some occasions, these styli can even help some 78s and broadcast
transcriptions.

Compatible cartridges:   Stanton 500/720, Pickering V-15
Tip material:                      Diamond
Tip shape:                         Elliptical
Stylus dimensions:           1.0 mil (D5110J), 1.2 X 0.5 mil (D5112EJ)
Tracking force:                 1 to 3 Grams
Recommended discs:     Mono LP & 45 rpm records, worn stereo LP & 45 rpm records

The following examples are of a severely worn record:

        Standard Stereo Stylus                1.0 Mil Mono Stylus
   1.2 Mil Mono Stylus

D5110J:  $55.00 (IL Residents add 8.25% IST) +$5.00 Shipping

D5112EJ:  $65.00 (IL Residents add 8.25% IST) +$5.00 Shipping

dl