[78-L] for Grey Gull history fans

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Nov 22 22:41:46 PST 2012

From: Donna Halper <dlh at donnahalper.com>
> So is it just their subsidiary labels that gave them such a bad name?
> I've heard many GG jokes over the years from collectors.

The early GGs with the blue and yellow labels were pressed o pretty good
shellac, but as the years went by and especially for the subsidiary
labels, the shellac can be so soft that you can easily make a groove in
the blank areas with your fingernail.  I have a hilarious late Van Dyke
"Over the radio Waves" by a wobbly male and female duo that is
completely distorted with overmodulation, and seems to have been worn
out in perhaps five playings.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com