[78-L] Early Columbia matrix

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 17:17:43 PST 2012

If both the Magic Notes and gold band copies play 'Marching through
Georgia' on that side of each of them then 46890 would be a remake.  507
probably was also an announced recording with the announcement removed if
the music begins within the first turn of its grooves.  (I'm thinking of
something along the lines of A244 where early copies have Henry Burr's
'Safe in the arms of Jesus' both an announced record with the announcement
removed and the accompaniment an organ; the later issues have a later
recording with orchestra accompaniment.)