[78-L] new releases

David Jessup dgjessup at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:52:17 PST 2012

I'd also seen these advertised, plus a reissue of the 4-CD Charlie Christian box first released in 2002.
This time, apparently, in a sensible box instead of sticking the discs into slits cut in foam rubber.

The Armstrong 10-CD seems to be a melding of the RCA-Victor Years 3-CD with the seven CDs issued in the
Columbia Jazz Masterpieces series. The Columbia discs ended up maybe one short of meeting the RCA material datewise.
Amazon calls it "The complete...", while the packaging as shown doesn't - to its credit.

I don't have any of these new reissues; don't intend to buy them unless they do turn out to be something better
than repackages of what we bought in 1988 to 2002.

David Jessup