[78-L] WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Wed Oct 31 09:21:13 PDT 2012

There was also a 1920s/30s blues artist that recorded. Ah... Whistler
(aka Buford Threlkeld) and His Jug Band from 1924. But I believe he used
a nose-whistle.
Lonnie Johnson may have done a whistling blues, too.
Then there's Meade Lux Lewis doing "Whistling Blues" from 1937. It's the
flip of his famous "Honky Tonk Train Blues" on Vi 25541 and Bluebird
B-101785.
Mal

*******