[78-L] SOCIETA ITALIANA DI FONOTIPIA Sample Record (?)

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Oct 30 13:43:46 PDT 2012

I have two other label images of these samples.
The numbers on the labels are the Fonotipia release numbers (coupled).
I have also scans of the normal labels of this issue 39162/93.
39162-64 are all by Jan Kubelik, as are 39191-95 (from label images).

Apparently Fonotipia frequently repressed/reprinted its issues, since for many issues
several label variants are known, using different fonts for credits/tunes.
I have also seen Argentine, Brazilian & French Fonotipia labels.

han enderman
===
yes it was also issued on a regular Fonotipia
Erwin Kluwer
-----
>>> I don't know the selection. Is this an issued recording?

joe salerno

On 10/30/2012 12:28 AM, Erwin Kluwer wrote:
> Absolutely fo real... I have a few of them too... The common label for early
> Fonotipia/Odeon test/sample pressings,,
>
> Erwin
>
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 4:52 AM, Clifford Bolling <78records at cdbpdx.com>wrote:
>
>> Here is my latest acquisition, a Fonotipia Sample Record.  Is it real?
>>
>> Not much about these on the 'net.  Any recommendations for info about this
>> record?  It is 10 3/4" diameter.
>>
>> http://pdx78s.cdbpdx.com/FonoSR/
>>
>> Thanks!  CDB
-----
Odd..real? I've had Kubelik Fonotipias, but pressed by US Columbia, and with
all the label copy in Italian. "Unsaleable" isn't one of your more popular
Italian phrases. I've also had Kubelik playing Drdla's Serenade, but it was on
Victor Monarch.