[78-L] ROYCROFT label

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 27 11:35:48 PDT 2012

I sold a Rudolph Gruen disc a couple of months ago as well as the Cheerio album
(the Gilberts are in it), and I have 2 or 3 incomplete sets of The English
Singers, with some variant sides. I first found out about this label while
scanning Jim Hadfield's Record Research magazines (and photocopying several of
them..I've since acquired a long run of them). The discs are all recorded and
pressed by Cameo and the matrix numbers fit with that label. Lousy surfaces.
Everything I've seen seems to be from about 1929 but they were certainly
available after that date since the English Singers are listed in the 1931
Gramophone Shop catalogue.

dl