[78-L] ROYCROFT label

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sat Oct 27 11:30:57 PDT 2012

Can anyone supply discographical data for any ROYCROFT recordings ??

This label was produced by THE ROYCROFTERS (Elbert Hubbard, arts-crafts movement), East Aurora, NY in the late
1920's - dates variously given as 1927-1930, some up to 1933.  Supposedly pressed by CAMEO (NYC), distributed
by Wm.H.Wise & Co.
Anyone have information about WHERE they were recorded.

Performers primarily THE ENGLISH SINGERS, but also Marion Kerby & John Jacob Niles, Rudolph Gruen, The Gilberts, Gerry Riegger.

Catalog numbers I am aware of range from 151 - 180
.
Are there any CATALOGS?  REVIEWS?  ADVERTISEMENTS? etc. ????

Does anyone have the CD: THE ENGLISH SINGERS OF LONDON - Eclectra 2039 ??
  Are these all from Roycroft, HMV or both??
  Do the annotations contain any matrix numbers for the Roycroft recordings?? - if so would you send a scan???

ROYCROFT fascinates me.  I would like to see a complete discography, and any references to these recordings -
Perhaps those on this list can make that happen?

THANKS!
Best wishes, Thomas.