[78-L] (Yawn) Another eBay disaster

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:13:04 PDT 2012

I know the feeling.

When I purchased a turntable some weeks ago ( I wrote about it here) it
arrived with hardly any packing. Some Styrofoam and some loose red paper
was all that had placed in the box, not a very secure one, and the thing
rocked around inside the box and was damaged. Short version: the buyer
protection thing worked, possibly because I made such a stink about how
poorly it was packaged and that when it arrived it was no longer in the
condition it was in when it was shipped. The insurance/tracking number
would not pull up anything - and what I suspect was this. The seller had
not labeled the package well, placing the to: address where the return
should go and vice versa for the return address. So without intending to
she mailed it to herself. That would explain why it took so long to get
here, it had been returned to her and she had to mail it again. Also
might explain why the insurance turned up blank on line - it was not
insured the second time. I suppose the sticker stayed on for the 2nd
trip. Also might explain why she was so reticent to give me the tracking
info in the first place.

Live and learn, well, some people do...

joe salerno

--