[78-L] 1920s Ukrainian Klezmer!

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 18 11:55:26 PDT 2012

Note for note. And about half the tempo we'd expect..plus it's not a Yiddish
song, unlike other late 30s adaptations. I was asking the wrong experts.

Here's the thing..this is a potpourri (medley, to you). Does anyone know the
name of the first song? Spottswood doesn't give any info that isn't on the
label, and just to confuse matters further he lists it in the Russian section
while noting that it's sung in Ukrainian. Recorded December 1923.

Pirogy, anyone?

dl