[78-L] Fanny's Key

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 14:55:24 PDT 2012

I have a copy.

part one (mx 46428) is 8 - C (or G) -14

part two (mx 46429) is 1 - D - 23

(Does this make it easier or harder for you?)

Paul Charosh

In a message dated 10/15/2012 5:42:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dlennick at sympatico.ca writes:

Does  anyone (attn Jack Raymond) have Fanny Brice doing "If We Could Only
Take
Her Word" with take 1 for part 1 and/or take 3 for part 2? Multiple takes
were
issued, according to Rust, but there's a whopping half tone  difference
between
the two sides on my copy (part 1 = take 3, September  7/16 and part 2 =
take 1,
February 8/16). It doesn't seem likely that the  two parts of the same song
would have a key change, and the other number  recorded in February (I
Don't
Know Whether to Do It or Not) plays  comfortably in G at a bit above  78.

78-L  mailing  list
78-L at klickitat.78online.com