[78-L] Famous Labels and other record anomalies in movies

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Sep 16 13:54:08 PDT 2012

I suspect that my memory may be less than perfect but when I was a child, I saw a movie called "Blue Gardenia" and the only thing I remember about this movie was a close up of - what I remember as - a Victor record with, (I think), a Canadian style batwing label.  It has been 60 years since I saw this movie, I haven't been able to find it on a video or anything since, but that's my recollection.

In the movie 32 films about Glenn Gould or whatever it was called, there is a scene where Glenn is urging a chamber maid to listen to his latest record.  What he puts on the turntable is a red labeled record.  I don't think Glenn Gould ever made a red labeled record.

You often see records playing at the wrong speed - LPs on an old acoustic player playing at a 78 ish speed or 78s being played at a slower speed, 45 or 33; and many examples of an acoustic player emitting high fidelity sound.

db