[78-L] Colony closing photos

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Sep 14 14:04:33 PDT 2012

From: Cary Ginell <soundthink at live.com>
> You know what? Good riddance. They could have survived with
> some intelligent marketing, a few really nice bargain bins
> out front with regular turnover, and some customer friendly service.

They had their store T-Shirtswith the cheerleader logo, and Leah asked
how much.  $30.00, no discount.  GADS!!  They're closing in two days and
they are already twice to three times the price they should be.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com

 I was there several times between 2008 and 2010 and their stuff was
still laughingly priced, records in poor condition, and they mainly
catered to the Broadway crowd that was buying sheet music folios at
retail prices. You can easily get any of those on Amazon at various
discounts, but Colony stubbornly stuck to their antiquated practices.
They're lucky they survived this long. Sorry, folks. I'm as nostalgic
about mom 'n' pop shops as the next fella, but not when they are ghosts
of their former selves and refuse to change to adapt to the marketplace.

Cary Ginell