[78-L] Coon-Sanders: Little Orphan Annie

Ray kil at roadrunner.com
Sun Sep 9 18:23:13 PDT 2012

I don't own the 78 but I do have a transfer I made from a friends 78 and
there is no cymbal at the start.  From transferring over a thousand of his
78s I can guess there is a 99% chance that he didn't eliminate the cymbal.
He just didn't do any editing at all, ever.  I was lucky if I could even get
him to center the records.
RayK

From: Rjholtin
Subject: [78-L] Coon-Sanders: Little Orphan Annie

I have this on LP (Vintage Series) and a digital that a friend dropped over
the transom.  The LP issue lacks a cymbal crash that opens the digital
version.  I've heard others that open with a similar cymbal crash on 78 but
this one sounds kinda disjointed and rather wrong, as if the digital picked
it up from the end of a previous file/track.  I have had that happen when a
program dropped track spilts in the wrong places, frinstance, and this crash
seems awkward enough that I can see why the LPV editors might have removed
it even if it was legit - and we know they did that, too.   These seem
otherwise identical.  Anybody with a 78 who can confirm/qualify/deny the
authenticity of either Lp or digital version?