[78-L] Coon-Sanders: Little Orphan Annie

Rjholtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 16:58:26 PDT 2012

I have this on LP (Vintage Series) and a digital that a friend dropped over the transom.  The LP issue lacks a cymbal crash that opens the digital version.  I've heard others that open with a similar cymbal crash on 78 but this one sounds kinda disjointed and rather wrong, as if the digital picked it up from the end of a previous file/track.  I have had that happen when a program dropped track spilts in the wrong places, frinstance, and this crash seems awkward enough that I can see why the LPV editors might have removed it even if it was legit - and we know they did that, too.   These seem otherwise identical.  Anybody with a 78 who can confirm/qualify/deny the authenticity of either Lp or digital version?

Sent from my iPod