[78-L] classical piano on cylinder

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 07:08:19 PDT 2012

I'm a disc collector. I have a few cylinders but no machine to play them
on. Not an area I have put much time or energy into exploring.

So I'm wondering if there was much serious piano music recorded, or any,
on cylinder. I have never come across references to any. What I am aware
of are experimental recordings, like those by Hofmann, Albeniz, and a
few others. Nothing commercially recorded that may compare to those by
the same pioneers who made quite a few acoustical discs recordings. Like
Pachmann, Paderewski, or Cortot.

Or have I just missed them?
--
Joe Salerno