[78-L] ~ Atlantic Records - Shakespeare series LP early 1950s

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 1 19:41:11 PDT 2012

I'm surprised to see a 2-disc "Tempest" listed (Raymond Massey, music by Paul
Bowles, Polymusic 5001/2). Other than this and Romeo and the Paul Robeson
Othello (which was also somewhat edited), no complete Shakespeare on lp for a
while yet. Still nothing but these and some excerpt collections by the end of 1952.

dl