[78-L] EBay Problems...

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de
Wed Aug 29 19:13:26 PDT 2012

.
1) Never buy and sell on eBay on the same account. Have one for
sales and one for buying. That way a seller cannot react with
'malicious buying' - which is reportable to eBay.

2) People cannot drive up their ratings by buying several items within
a few days, as you claim. A buyer's purchases from one seller within
7 days count as 1 sale in the feedback score.  That's why I sell every
10 days and not weekly.

3) If you make a google search for "Sellersbestfriends" you may still
find a download link for a software that checks the interaction between
two or more eBay IDs. It gives you results in ''percentage of bids with
this seller'', ''percentage won'' etc.

This software was developed by a German, but is in English only.
eBay stopped the distribution of this shill detecting software by
obtaining a court warrant that the developer has to pay 250,000 euros
(= $300,000) if he continues to distribute this program.

Nonetheless, I would report that group of shillers. Best is to call eBay on
the phone and ask to spek to a representative of "Trust and Safety Dept."

Benno
.