No subject

Tue Aug 21 08:16:52 PDT 2012

I'm Only Dreaming p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2501
Sympathy p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2501

Giannina Mia p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2502
I Love You, Dear p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2502

Allah's Holiday p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2503
The Bubble p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2503

Waltz Huguette p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2504
March Of The Vagabonds p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2504

Rose Marie p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2505
Give Me One Hour p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2505

Valse Poetique p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2506
Chanson p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2506

Spanish Dance p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2507
Amour Coquet p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2507

Valse Lucille Op. 85 No. 1 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2508
Improvisation p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2508

Adieu p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2509
Drifting Op. 67 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2509

Egyptian Dance Op. 41 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2510
Melodie Op.27 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2510

Indian Love Call p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2511
L'Amour, Toujours L'Amour! p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2511

Po Ling And Ming Toy - A Chinese Suite - Part 1 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer =
2516
Po Ling And Ming Toy - A Chinese Suite - Part 2 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer =
2516
Po Ling And Ming Toy - A Chinese Suite - Part 3 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer =
2517
Po Ling And Ming Toy - A Chinese Suite - Part 4 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer =
2517

Arabian Suite - Part 1 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2518
Arabian Suite - Part 2 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2518
Arabian Suite - Part 3 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2519
Arabian Suite - Part 4 p. Rudolf Friml Schirmer 2519
---
from LOC (by Nigel Burlinson):

504

Don't go away, monsieur / Howard Dietz; Arthur Schwartz. Performed by =
Mili Monti.

April in Paris / E. Y. Harburg; Vernon Duke. Performed by Mili Monti.

505

Giannia mia / Rudolf Friml; Harbach, words. Performed by Lanny Ross; =
Rudolf=20
Friml, pianist. Tenor w/piano.

Something seems tingle-ingling / Rudolf Friml; Harbach, words. Performed =
by=20
Lanny Ross; Rudolf Friml, pianist. Tenor w/piano

507

Louisiana purchase / Irving Berlin. Performed by Carol Bruce; Eddie =
Oliver=20
and his orchestra.

The lord done fixed up my soul / Irving Berlin. Performed by Carol =
Bruce;=20
Eddie Oliver and his orchestra.

508

She could shake the maracas / Rodgers-Hart. Performed by Diosa Costello; =
V.=20
Selinsky, orchestra director. Vocal with orchestra.

All dressed up (Spic and Spanish) / Rodgers-Hart. Performed by Diosa=20
Costello; V. Selinsky, orchestra director. Vocal with orchestra

509

Perfidia / Alberto Dominguez. Performed by Diosa Costello.

La conga / Eliseo Grenet. Performed by Diosa Costello.

510

I gotta right to sing the blues / Koehler - Arlen. Performed by Carol =
Bruce;=20
Eddie Oliver and his orchestra.

Lover, come back to me / Mandel-Hammerstein-Romberg. Performed by Carol=20
Bruce; Eddie Oliver and his orchestra.

511

I can't give you anything but love / Fields-McHugh. Performed by Casper =
Reardon and his orchestra.

Easy to love / Cole Porter. Performed by Casper Reardon and his =
orchestra.

512

I got rhythm / George Gershwin. Performed by Schumann; Harold Bauer.

They didn't believe me / Reynolds Kerns. Performed by Casper Reardon and =
his orchestra.

2003

Romance (In B flat minor, Op. 28, No. 1) / Schumann. Performed by Harold =
Bauer, piano. 209.

Berceuse (Op. 57) / Chopin. Performed by Harold Bauer, piano. 215.

2006

Chansonette / Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml and William Kroll. Piano =
and=20
violin accompaniment.

Mazurka / Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml and. Piano and violin=20
accompaniment

2008

Down with love / Lee Wiley. Performed by The Eddie Condon Sextette.

Stormy weather / Lee Wiley. Performed by The Eddie Condon Sextette.

2009

I've got the world on a string / Harold Arlen. Performed by Lee Wiley; =
The=20
Eddie Condon quintette.

Between the devil and the deep blue sea / Harold Arlen. Performed by Lee =

Wiley; The Eddie Condon quintette.

2010

You said it / Harold Arlen. Performed by Lee Wiley; Eddie Condon and his =

orchestra.

Fun to be fooled / Harold Arlen. Performed by Lee Wiley; Eddie Condon =
and=20
his orchestra.

2011

Let's fall in love / Harold Arlen's. Performed by Lee Wiley; Eddie =
Condon=20
and his orchestra.

Moanin in the morning / Harold Arlen's. Performed by Lee Wiley; Eddie =
Condon=20
and his orchestra

2510

Egyptian dance, op. 41 / Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml. Piano. 81.

Mlodie (op. 27) / Friml. Performed by Rudolf Friml. Piano. 86

2512

Kde domov muj (Where is my home?) / Skroup, arr. by Friml. Performed by=20
Rudolf Friml, piano. Czech National Air.

Southern roses / Johann Strauss, arr. by Friml. Performed by Rudolf =
Friml. Piano

2525

Young man with a harp - pt. 1 - (1st mov't - processtional - Thebes, =
1300=20
B.C.) / Dana Suesse. Performed by Casper Reardon, harp ; Dana Suesse, =
piano; C. Morehouse,=20

percussion. 2024.

Young man with a harp - pt. 2 - (2nd mov't - evensong - Ireland, 1300 =
A.D.)=20
/ Dana Suesse. Performed by Casper Reardon, harp ; Dana Suesse, piano. =
2027.

2526

Young man with a harp - pt. 3 - 3rd mov't - 20th century madrigal-pt.1) =
/=20
Dana Suesse. Performed by Casper Reardon, harp ; Dana Suesse, piano ; C. =

Morehouse, percussion. 2025.

Young man with a harp - pt. 4 - (3rd mov't - 20th century madrigal=20
concluded) / Dana Suesse. Performed by Casper Reardon, harp ; Dana =
Suesse,=20
piano ; C. Morehouse, percussion. 2026.

2527

Piano quintet, part 1 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, =
pianist;=20
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano=20
w/string quartet. 2028.

Piano quintet, part 2 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, =
pianist;=20
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano=20
w/string quartet. 2029.

2528

Piano quintet, part 3 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, =
pianist;=20
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano=20
w/string quartet. 2030.

Piano quintet, part 4 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, =
pianist;=20
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano=20
w/string quartet. 2031.

2529

Piano quintet, part 5 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, =
pianist;=20
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano=20
w/string quartet. 2032.

Piano quintet, part 6 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, =
pianist;=20
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano=20
w/string quartet. 2033.

2530

Piano quintet, part 7 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, =
pianist;=20
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano=20
w/string quartet. 2034.

Piano quintet, part 8 / Gabriel Faure. Performed by Emma Boynet, =
pianist;=20
Gordon String Quartet: J. Gorgon; S. Weiss; W. Lincer; F. Magg. Piano=20
w/string quartet. 2035.

5501

The professional southern girl. Performed by Sheila Barrett. Comedienne =
with piano.

The chorus girl. Performed by Sheila Barrett. Comedienne with piano.

5502

The socialite singer (You go to my head). Performed by Sheila Barrett; =
Sam=20
Walsh, pianist. Comedienne with piano. 2042.

Make like Garbo. Performed by Sheila Barrett; Sam Walsh, pianist. =
Comedienne=20
with piano. 2043.

5503

Jazz nocturne berceuse / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse. Composer =
at=20
the piano. 2070.

Afternoon of a black faun / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse. =
Composer=20
at the piano. 2065-2.

5504

Swamp bird ; Scherzette / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse, piano. =
Jazz=20
instrumental. 2066.

Blue moonlight / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse, piano. Jazz=20
instrumental. 2069.

5505

Serenade to a skyscraper / Dana Suesse. Performed by Dana Suesse. =
Composer=20
at the piano. 2064-4.

Yours for a song ; The night is young and you're so beautiful /=20
Suesse-Fetter-Rose ; Suesse-kanal-Rose. Performed by Dana Suesse. =
Composer=20
at the piano. 2068

5506

Mad about the boy / Noel Coward. Performed by Sheila Barrett. Comedienne =

with piano. 2088.

Constructive criticism. Performed by Sheila Barrett. Comedienne with =
piano. 2089.

5508

All things pass away fragment from Nuit de mai / Sergei Rachmaninoff.=20
Performed by Nina Koshetz, soprano; Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano =
with pianist. 2105.

Sing not to me, o beautiful women / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by =
Nina=20
Koshetz, soprano; Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2094.

5510

Lilacs daises / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina Koshetz, soprano; =

Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2106.

At night / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina Koshetz, soprano;=20
Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2090

5511

To the children / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina Koshetz, =
soprano;=20
Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2092.

Christ is risen / Sergei Rachmaninoff. Performed by Nina Koshetz, =
soprano;=20
Celius Dougherty, pianist. Soprano with pianist. 2093.

7501

My melancholy baby / Norton-Burnett. Performed by Jimmy Carroll and his=20
Orchestra with vocal refrain.

The sheik of Araby / Smith-Wheeler-Snyder. Performed by Jimmy Carroll =
and=20
his Orchestra with vocal refrain

7509

Play the harmonica (lesson 1) / John Sebastian. instruction. 2055.

Play the harmonica (lesson 2) / John Sebastian. instruction. 2054

7510

Play the harmonica (lesson 3) / John Sebastian. instruction. 2056.

Play the harmoncia (lesson 4) / John Sebastian. instruction. 2057N
=3D=3D=3D
When I was doing my Pre-Steinweiss album cover research I photographed a
few of the early Schirmer album covers at the Rodgers and Hammerstein
Archive at Lincoln Center.  I did not do the contents, but you can
extrapolate some of the previous info into these albums.  I did
photograph the first disc of a few and and the inside cover of the first
set which did list the contents.  These are the titles on the covers.=20
There also is some info in the American Music Lover and The New Records
but it would take more time to find that right now.

Schirmers Library of Recorded Music
Set No. 1  Harold Bauer At the Piano
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,2005
Set No. 2  Rudolph Friml In Person   Highlights From Friml Operettas
Set No. 3  Rudolph Friml In Person   Moods and Fancies
Set No. 4  Carpenter String Quartet in A Minor
     2513 (etc)  Gordon String Quartet
Set No. 5  Rudolph Friml Playing His Oriental Suites For The Piano
Set No. 6  Zimbalist String Quartet In E Minor
     2521 (etc)  Gordon String Quartet
Set No. 8  Young Man With A Harp   Suite in Ihree Movements  by Dana
Suisse
  Played by Casper Reardon with the composer at the piano   Percussion
by Chauncey Morehouse
     2525 (etc)
Set No. 9 Gabriel Faure  Quintet for Piano and Strings in D Minor, Opus
89 =20
     2527 (etc) Emma Boynet, Gordon String Quartet
Set No. 14 Johannes Brahms  Sonata In F Minor  Opus 5

Mike Biel
<<<