[78-L] Music Library Finland/Sale of some phonograph & gramophone-related items

Darren Ingram darren at terva.net
Thu Aug 23 02:23:20 PDT 2012

Hello.  Darren Ingram from Music Library Finland (musiclibrary.fi) here. We've a LOT of duplicate holdings we would like to get a bit of cash for (to help plough back into our operations).  Please excuse the cross-posting (I will have a few of these messages but will try and "categorise") them. Please do consider passing this about and don't worry, it is not going to be a weekly/monthly/or probably yearly type of posting :) If you want to keep an eye on what we have for sale, there's a MASSIVE list at www.musiclibrary.fi and look for the "for sale" tab.

Of course, if you've got something to swap that we need (you can see our collection interests on the web site) we can work something out). Suggested "donation" level (can be higher if you insist) shown. Postage extra. Strange thing is that a book might be less cost effective than a box (i.e. 30kg/65lb box if we have one big enough is €124, yet a 2kg box is €31 by air- so maybe some kind friend in the U:S. can consolidate! Further stupidity by Finnish Post is that a 2kg parcel sent by "letter parcel" economy costs nearly €60. No, we can't figure it out either...

Anyway, enough with the lecture. Here's hopefully a readable cut and paste… Any comments (clean, or with offers to buy/swap or donation of hard cash to darren at musiclibrary.fi please).

-
-
### Phonograph & Gramophone General ###
-
-
-
-
-
-
EXBK000001
-
Do You Want Six Edison Amberol Records (Worth $3.00) Free?
1850 7-1-10
1910/Edison
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
Original leaflet/brochure
7,99
CAT
EXBK000001
-
Edison & Music
-
1919/Thomas A. Edison Inc
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE). COVERS LOOSE BUT INSIDE GOOD
Brochure/book about Edison and their role with music. Many illustrations
9,99
BOO
EXBK000001
-
How to Make Phonograph Records (Reprint)
-
1973/The Edison-Bell Consolidated Phonograph Co. Ltd.
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
Reprint brochure
4,99
BOO
EXBK000003
Mike Field
Restoring the Edison Gem Phonograph
9780900883040
2010/City of London Phonograph & Gramophone Society
EXCELLENT AS NEW
-
7,99
BOOS
EXBK000001
UNKNOWN
“The Victorla as a Mechanism”
-
-
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
Unknown booklet, sans covers, that seems to look at the Victorla player in a technical manner with maintenance guidelines. 12 pgs.
4,99
BOO