[78-L] Begging Bowl/Music Library Finland: Discographies and Collection Catalogues sale

Darren Ingram darren at terva.net
Tue Aug 21 22:24:07 PDT 2012

(Resending as I didn't see this post appear nor get a bounce).

Hello.  Darren Ingram from Music Library Finland (musiclibrary.fi) here. We've a LOT of duplicate holdings we would like to get a bit of cash for (to help plough back into our operations).  Please excuse the cross-posting (I will have a few of these messages but will try and "categorise") them. Please do consider passing this about and don't worry, it is not going to be a weekly/monthly/or probably yearly type of posting :)

Of course, if you've got something to swap that we need (you can see our collection interests on the web site) we can work something out). Suggested "donation" level (can be higher if you insist) shown. Postage extra. Strange thing is that a book might be less cost effective than a box (i.e. 30kg/65lb box if we have one big enough is €124, yet a 2kg box is €31 by air- so maybe some kind friend in the U:S. can consolidate! Further stupidity by Finnish Post is that a 2kg parcel sent by "letter parcel" economy costs nearly €60. No, we can't figure it out either...

Anyway, enough with the lecture. Here's hopefully a readable cut and paste… Any comments (clean, or with offers to buy/swap or donation of hard cash to darren at musiclibrary.fi please).

EXBK000002
British Broadcasting Corporation
Bbc Sound Archives Catalogue of Natural History Recordings Vol. 2 Habitat
-
1969/British Broadcasting Corporation
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
-
9,99
BOO
EXBK000002
British Broadcasting Corporation
Bbc Sound Archives Catalogue of Natural History Recordings Vol. 2 Habitat
-
1969/British Broadcasting Corporation
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
-
9,99
BOO
EXBK000002
British Broadcasting Corporation
Bbc Sound Archives Catalogue of Recorded Talks & Speeches Vol. 3 N to Z
-
1967/British Broadcasting Corporation
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
-
9,99
BOO
EXBK000001
Richard K Spottswood
Ethnic Music on Records: a Discography of Ethnic Recordings Produced in the United States, 1893 to 1942: Vol. 5: Mid-East, Far East, Scandinavian, English Language, American Indian, International
0252017234
1990/University of Illinois Press
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
-
39,99
BOO
EXBK000002
-
Folk Music: a Selection of Folk Songs, Ballads, Dances, Instrumental Pieces & Folk Tales of the United States & Latin America: Catalog of Phonograph Records
-
1959/Library of Congress
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
-
4,99
BOO
EXBK000001
Martin C Strong
The Great Rock Discography
1841955515
2004/Canongate Books Ltd
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
Here Is The Tome That Tells You Everything You Want To Know About Everyone You Need To Know About: With Thousands Of Hits From The Likes Of The B52s, L7 And U2 To The Four Tops, Sevendust And 10cc. You Can Check Out A Whole Spectrum Of Info On Living Colour And Rainbow  As Well As Pink, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Deep Purple, Blue Nile And Green Day. Gorge Yourself On Jam And Bread: Meat Loaf And Vanilla Fudge. From One Hit Wonders To Mega Stars It Doesn't Matter The Size: You'll Find Big Audio Dynamite, Big Black And Big Country - And Given Equal Weighting Little Angels, Little Feat And Little Richard. It's All Here. An Essential Purchase For Music Lovers. 2.3kg
4,99
BOO
EXBK000002
Michel Ruppli  Ed Novitsky
The Mgm Labels: a Discography: Vol. 1 1946-1960
0313307784
1998/Greenwood Press
AS NEW
Very large, quality comprehensive discography.
74,99
BOO
EXBK000002
Michel Ruppli  Ed Novitsky
The Mgm Labels: a Discography: Vol. 2 1961-1982
0313307792
1998/Greenwood Press
AS NEW
Very large, quality comprehensive discography.
4,99
BOO
EXBK000002
John R Bennett  Eric Hughes
Voices of the Past Vol. 6: the International Red Label Catalogue of Db & Da His Master's Voice Recordings 1924-1956: Book 2 - “Da”
-
1961/The Oakwood Press
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
-
14,99
BOO
EXBK000002
John Reginald Bennett  Wilhelm Wimmer
Voices of the Past Vol. 7: a Catalogue of Vocal Recordings From the 1898-1925 German Catalogues of the Gramophone Company Limited
-
1967/The Oakwood Press
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
-
14,99
BOO

Hopefully the above cut and paste worked (if I paste them the other way it comes out like

EXBK000001
Richard K Spottswood
Ethnic Music on Records: a Discography of Ethnic Recordings Produced in the United States, 1893 to 1942: Vol. 5: Mid-East, Far East, Scandinavian, English Language, American Indian, International
0252017234
1990/University of Illinois Press
VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT (BASED ON AGE)
-
39,99
BOO

for each item....  Won't post any more until tomorrow so if the main cut and paste comes out horrible, please someone shout so I don't spend a few hours making lots of unreadable lists :)

With best wishes,  Darren Ingram
Music Library Finland

p.s. there's hundreds of items to list and offer so, of course, happy to "hold" items pending you seeing the remainder of our wares. There is a lot of records etc listed at musiclibrary.fi "for sale" and phonograph cylinders. I won't list them here as even those with patience of Job might complain about 30,000+ line listings :)