[78-L] My new set (almost): Folklore Taitien

Rod Brown raudiobrown at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 00:57:29 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm enjoying the album set I bought this past Sunday afternoon. It's called
"Folklore Taitien," on the Mareva label, made in France. It comprises some
wonderful field recordings made in Tahiti (near as I can tell, with my
inexcusable French). I was delighted to find that it doesn't sound just
like the commercially popular Hawaiian music of the 40s and 50s, which I've
come to expect when I try to buy traditional music from Tahiti.

Unfortunately, I violated the Prime Directive with this purchase. I wasn't
supposed to buy any more incomplete sets!! This one is missing disk two (MA
102). I'm not sure how scarce or common this album is, but here on the left
coast of the U.S., it doesn't seem to crop up very often.

If anyone has got too many copies of MA 102 lying around, taking up space,
let me know. Alternatively, a digital copy of that record would be of
interest.

Thanks,
Rod