[78-L] Need recording date Decca Wilmouth Houdini

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Aug 7 09:51:04 PDT 2012

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Damn, that's the page that got torn out to use as a bookmark.
>(September 19, 1940.)  dl

Thanks! Is that NYC?  I do see that he did not record in Trinidad for
Decca.

Leah wanted the date to update a webpage for her OTHER job at the
Brooklyn Public Library doing publicity for the displays in the library.
 Right now it only says  c. 1940 by this album.
http://www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/events/exhibitions/calypso-music-postwar-america

Is there any truth to the note in it that Belafonte's Calypso was the
first album to sell a million COPIES?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.,com