[78-L] Marvin Hamlisch dies

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 7 09:49:17 PDT 2012

It was totally off base but wasn't it George Roy Hill who asked for it, having
heard his kid playing the Schuller album? When I finally saw the movie I
couldn't understand why it didn't take place in 1910.

"Carnivale" managed to get a lot of the music right, except for using Sing Sing
Sing (two or three years too early), and putting a 33rpm locked groove in Ruth
Etting's "Love Me Or Leave Me".

dl