[78-L] Carl's Jr.

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 09:09:59 PDT 2012

I heard a commercial last night for the Black Ball Ferry Coho,
which goes between Port Angeles WA and Victoria BC.  They were
using Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters' song "Black Ball
Ferry Line."  The funny thing is that the boats referred to in
the song all went across Puget Sound, when the Black Ball Like
WAS the Washington Ferry System.  The state forced it into
bankruptcy and effectively nationalized it, changing the name
to Washington State Ferries.  But I guess they didn't want to
mess with the boats traveling in international waters, so Black
Ball got to keep that route.  The Coho is still the best run
ferry in the state.