[78-L] Mercury Shakespeare Texts

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. rbratcherjr at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 14:21:10 PDT 2012

My Deer Park (Texas) high school library had 78 rpm versions of Macbeth & Julius Ceasar that I was able to borrow in my junior or senior year while I attended there. I don't remember them having many (or any other) 78's besides these 2 sets. Should have recorded them to cassette but I didn't think of that at the time. Just played them once or twice then gave them back to the school library. There were no booklets with them at the time I had borrowed them.

Were they ever reissued in 33 rpm format? If so then I've never seen them that way. Just the 78's.....