[78-L] Gospel Boogie - A blog...

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 10:57:37 PDT 2012

James,

Great blog!  I am a collector of gospel 78s aswell.  Many of mine are from the 20s with blues inflections but I have some later ones.  It took me a while to get into gospel music in the same way as you explain why people are put off it...but now, even though I am a 'non believer' I enjoy many styles of gospel music.  I enjoy the music because the performers believe in what they are singing and the varied ways it is expressed.

I may upload some of my gospel 78s to my Youtube channel at some point.  I also have some 78s of non English lyrics and don't understand them either...but I dig the feeling ... which counts I guess...Cajun music and Mexican music are two examples that spring to mind.

Keep up the good work!

Matt in the UK