[78-L] HMV matrix symbols

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 13:02:05 PDT 2012

Very true - HMV weren't keeping individual issues in the catalogue very long at that time either...they really struggled in the Depression I believe.

People who normally bought popular music on records had either stopped buying records completely or had switched to buying cheaper records in droves...three shillings for an HMV or sixpence for an Eclipse record from Woolworths was an easy choice for folk to make!

Matt in the UK