[78-L] Frequency Response/Range for 78's

James sartana at cox.net
Wed Jul 25 12:27:37 PDT 2012

Can anyone point me to a site that has a good break down of the
realistic frequency response range for records in the 78 RPM era? I am
looking for something that covers everything 1900-1957. I have looked
and find bit here and there, much of it having to do how surprisingly
well certain records from a certain era do...but I am looking for
general guidelines. I know that all records were not made equal, so info
on Victor records vs. Paramount is great as well. But what about Mexican
78's from the 1950's? Off brand 78's from the 40's? A 1938 Vocalion vs.
a 1948 Aladdin. What are some 'general' guidelines?

Thanks for any help....