[78-L] History Defectives

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:00:01 PDT 2012

The ep is sitting on my TiVO, so I haven't seen it said, and won't until the Mrs. gets through with all her evil judge shows du jour. That said, I had recently discussed "History Detectives" with a collector friend whose perspectives and tastes I agree with and admire.He loves the show, and I realized I had watched it maybe once in its second season and was so bothered by what I saw I decided notto return to sip at that particular fount again. They are now in their tenth season, so you figure they might be doing something right,right? Over the weekend I caught an episode they did with Gail Zappa -- who appeared at the last ARSC Conference, tho I missed it -- indentifying a painting Frank Zappa made around 1960, when he was in pursuit of visual art a bit more so than music. That was excellent,informative and interesting. However, from what is described in these posts, it seems that they are still a bit lacking in expertise when itcomes to the old records. I'm of course dismayed that they would connect to Gennett through the KKK label, one of the smallest product lines they carrried, onethey were not particularly proud to have produced and caused them no end of trouble. But furthermore I wonder why they cannot seemto find any of us when these stories come up. We are such a loud, conspicuous and rowdy bunch, and we do really know somethingabout these things. I guess we are just not in the Rolodex.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com