[78-L] How to Date Columbia Stellar Quartette

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 22 11:31:11 PDT 2012

This raises another question, Tim..I've found a few acoustical Columbias, c.
1923-24, which are pressed after the flag label period and which show no issue
numbers in the Columbia 1910-1924 book. They're always classical, by people
like Toscha Seidel and possibly Percy Grainger or Pablo Casals. Were cards
indicating when they'd been issued in a different chronological part of the files?

Example: 4033M, Toscha Seidel, Polichinelle/Turkish March. Curiously the
Columbia Book gives the wrong composer for Turkish March, has a date, has the
accompanist, but has no issue number.

dl