[78-L] BBC World Service Going Out Of Business Auction

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 18 08:43:16 PDT 2012

Not that it has anything to do with the thread or 78s - but it's not a
criminal offence to own a TV set and not pay the (license) fee. It's
perfectly legal to watch DVD's through a conventional TV set without a TV
license.
However, it IS a criminal offence to WATCH any live TV broadcasts (BBC or
otherwise) on any equipment - EVEN on a PC via the Internet - without a
license.

Surely one of the dumbest and unenforceable laws we have in the UK.

Tim Huskisson