[78-L] The Question du Jour

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 11:17:05 PDT 2012

 Glenn Longwell wrote: Lakeside was pressed by Columbia using Columbia masters and were all lateral.  I presume they stuck around for a while because they were cheaper.

.... Ahhh, yes. Thank you! I tend to forget about the role Columbia played as an early producer of cheap records; you tend to think more of it in the late20s and their gradual conversion into ARC. But Oxford, some Silvertone, Standard and doubtless others were cheapies that Columbia serviced.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com