[78-L] Things found in Buffalo yesterday

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Fri Jul 13 11:27:28 PDT 2012

Long ago, when I still had time, I saved some images of 10" LPs.
It appears I have an image of the back of MGN 1017 Bud Powell, which is just
as you describe.
It gives "Facts About This Long Playing Album ...." (= tunes & personnel), and then
a list of LP/EPs "Available on NORGRAN RECORDS..."
The LPs are most issues in the ranges MGN-3-31, MGN-1000-1014.
This suggests that it is the first printing, with your 1015 etc. not yet added.
Any idea when the liner notes started?
An image of 1001 has notes by Granz but may be a later pressing/printing.

han enderman
===
>>> Odd thing about MGN 1015 (Benny Carter Plays Pretty) is
that there are NO liner notes, just a title list, the personnel, and 2/3 of the
back cover devoted to a catalog. The other is MGN 1039, Ben Webster with
Strings. I wouldn't call either of these unattractive.
dl
>> Two Norgran lps with DSM covers
<<<