[78-L] Frank Sinatra

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 6 19:28:29 PDT 2012

Here we go..I thought it had been done earlier.

If Only She'd Looked My Way   (Ivor Novello, A. Melville)
   	September 21, 1950 	02:47 	Studio

London By Night   (Carroll Coates)
   	September 21, 1950 	03:08 	Studio

Date: September 21, 1950
Location: New York

Frank Sinatra (ldr), Axel Stordahl (con), The Whippoorwills (acc), Jack
Greenberg, Bernard Kaufman, James Lytell, Herman Schertzer, Wolf Taninbaum
(sax), Tony Faso, Gordon Griffin, Johnny Owens (t), George Arus, Buddy Morrow,
William Rausch (tb), John Barrows (frh), Matty Golizio (g), Frank Carroll (b),
George Forbes (p), Elaine Vito Ricci (hrp), Johnny Blowers (d), Julius Brand,
Maurice Hershaft, Milton Lomask, Raoul Polikian, Zelly Smirnoff, Harry Urbont
(vn), Harold Colletta, Solomon Deutsch (vl), Frank Miller (vc), Frank Sinatra
(v), John Ackerman, Frank Howren, David O'Hearn, Marilyn Sullivan, Gordon
Thorin (bkv)
a. 	CO-44376-1    	Remember Me In Your Dreams - 2:30  (Hal David, Marty Nevins)
/ arr: Axel Stordahl
      Columbia ET: 1-924
      Columbia 78: 39069
      Columbia 45: 6-924
b. 	CO-44377-1    	If Only She'd Looked My Way - 2:47  (Ivor Novello, A.
Melville) / arr: Axel Stordahl
c. 	CO-44378-1    	London By Night - 3:08  (Carroll Coates) / arr: Axel Stordahl
      Columbia 78: 39592
      Columbia 45: 4-39592
d. 	CO-44379-1    	Meet Me At The Copa - 3:10  (Sammy Cahn, Axel Stordahl) /
arr: Axel Stordahl
      Columbia Legacy CD: CK-64852 — Swing & Dance With Frank Sinatra   (1996)
All titles on: 	     Columbia Legacy CD: CXK 48673 — The Columbia Years
1943-1952: The Complete Recordings   (1993)

The Whippoorwills (acc) on a, d; John Ackerman (bkv) on a, d; Frank Howren
(bkv) on a, d; David O'Hearn (bkv) on a, d; Marilyn Sullivan (bkv) on a, d;
Gordon Thorin (bkv) on a, d.

English issue not noted. Unless it's hidden somewhere, under the recording date
for HRH's intro or something?

dl