[78-L] tone arm counter weights for LPs

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Thu Jul 5 18:09:18 PDT 2012

I posted a question about these several days ago in the hopes that one of us
might have come across literature about them or maybe even had one.  I just
got my second weight, an e-bay find that a friend pointed me to.  It fits
perfectly on the fan shaped tail end of the 1930 RCA tone arm and reduces
the weight measured at the needle from 182 grams down to about 85 grams.
One has to wonder if the LPs Victor tried at that time held up better if you
had a counterweight.    Neither weight indicates who made it so I don't know
yet if it is a Victor product or an aftermarket accessories supplier.
Anyone got any ideas?

Ron L