[78-L] Google Chrome..totally off topic, but HELP! ^

H D Goldman thedoctor at discdoc.com
Thu Jul 5 12:56:27 PDT 2012

Hi Randy,

This seems like a continuation of on-going problems with browsers, web sites & Adobe.  It's been a pain at the US Postal Service online site for Mac users for quite some time.  The current solution is to save the label as a pdf file & print from there.  Otherwise you're likely to pay for a label w/o the bar code.

Each party seems to have there own issues with sharing certain info necessary for everything to work smoothly.  The PO has never considered the courtesy of letting customers know whether the print side of the transaction is working but they do make it a pain to get your money back if need be.  Call them & they'll suggest the work around & tell you to use Chrome.  NO Thank You.

Cheers,

Duane Goldman

On Jul 5, 2012, at 1:10 PM, Stewart, Joseph R wrote:

> Anyone who uses Firefox and can't play YouTube videos (or indeed anything that uses Adobe Flash), Mike Biel has discussed the exact reason, and I think it bears copying here:
> "Something in the current edition of Mozilla Firefox which automatically
> updated itself last week will not allow the running of Flash. Reloading
> Flash will not help.  Nor will reloading an earlier edition of Firefox
> because the new Firefox will load itself the next time you restart.
> That is why your restore point fix worked only for a while.  If you go
> to the Firefox homepage you will see that EVERYBODY is complaining but
> nothing is fixing the problem.  I have to open Internet Explorer in
> order to see Youtube and some other videos and hear some audio. It also
> is the only way I can upload photo albums to Facebook."
>
> Megadittos... I've always been a Firefox fan, and I don't like having to use IE... but it I want to run ANYTHING with Flash content, that's my only option right now.  And as Dr.Mike says, nobody seems able (willing?) to fix the problem, either on Mozilla's behalf or Adobe.
>
> Randy Stewart
> Arts Producer
> KSMU
> 901 S. National